Capricorn on the Horizon

August 27, 2018


Welcome to Mercurial Musings, a blog dedicated to my love for astrology. My name is Cassidy Scanlon and I’m a Capricorn Sun and Ascendant with a Taurus Moon. I’d like to note that my Venus is in Sagittarius and Mercury is in Aquarius. While I'm predominantly ruled by my Earth placements, the splash of fire and air gives me a spontaneous and celestial edge. I like to imagine my personality as a volcano, or a flaming asteroid seeking a landing spot. Consistent but chaotic, a noticeable presence with a hidden core. 

I named my astrology page ‘Mercurial Musings’ because of my mercury dominant chart. My Aquarius placement in my first house makes communication and speculation integral in how I perceive my identity. All of my Capricorn placements have Virgo deacons (will definitely create a post explaining this more) which tinges my big-picture Aquarius mind with an articulate approach to language. The mercurial influence of these energies combined with my Venusian personality make writing and creative expression my passion.

This blog will serve as an articulation for all my musings about astrology: its history, placements, transits, relevance in everyday life and pop culture, and maybe even daily or weekly horoscopes. I have been a student of the stars for almost 3 years now and have never had a place to put my insights and inquiries. Even though there is still much to learn, I hope this blog can be a documentation of my journey and serve as a tool for others intrigued by the zodiac.

You Might Also Like

0 comments